Saturday, February 22, 2014

February grayling fishing is made of this........


I've been lucky enough to fish for grayling on a number of occasions recently, catching plenty too. It really has helped to see me through the winter and when next back end comes around, I won't be half as depressed about the passing of the summer months. Spring is just around the corner and with the trout season just three weeks off (and fingers crossed, no sign of that horrific late winter nonsense we saw in 2013), I am ready to breathe again. But as a man who genuinely struggles with cold, short days, it is a great pleasure to say that this time around, the situation hasn't been anywhere near as dire as normal.

The quality of the fishing has been key, as has the mildness of the weather. But above all I think it is the friends I have met which has made the whole experience so enjoyable. The above montage of photos is taken from a recent session, when I met up with Danny Gill on a grayling infested stream in the Pennines. It was another superb day on the river, one which perfectly summed up my new found enthusiasm for grayling fishing. The photos tell a story far better than my words ever could, so I will leave it at that, other than to say a big thanks to Davie, Craigie, Stuart, Gary and Danny for collectively getting me through this winter and providing some great memories in the process!


1 comment:

Eric Roberts said...

Great photos, Matt. Having barely wet a line since August (save for one gale-force trip to Angle Tarn and a short grayling trip at Christmas), March 15th can't come soon enough for me! Looking forward to some better weather, too. It's been a crap winter.